Model Competition Series
All interested applicants please review the “Eligibility Requirements” and Submission Instructions carefully before submitting.
Applicants that fail to follow submission instructions will not be considered.
This is an award-winning International Modelling Reality Competition Series that has successfully completed several seasons on a major international television network. In this series, 14 aspiring models of Asian or Mixed-Asian heritage compete for one winning title. Each episode, contestants are pushed to their limits as they undergo a series of tasks and challenges designed to test not only their modelling ability, but also their mental strength, physical endurance, passion, and will to succeed. The final results are presented to a celebrity judging panel for deliberation and the weakest contestant is eliminated.
We are currently casting females aged 17-26 years old of Asian Heritage/Nationalities. Though encouraged, no professional modelling experience is necessary.
If you are a represented model without a Mother Agent/Management, you do not need to get permission from your agency to apply. This production falls under the category of TV/Entertainment, and is not a modelling job. However, if you are selected to compete, you must be available for the entire duration of filming without any other obligations. This means that you must book out directly with ALL agencies/management, barring you from from accepting any jobs (including direct bookings) or overseas placements for the entire duration of filming. Though this might seem like a sacrifice, the exposure you could gain from the show has long-term benefits, including increased social media presence, possible sponsorship opportunities/paid ambassadorships, greater client exposure, and access to higher budget jobs.
Contestants must be English-speaking and possess a valid passport from country of origin. It is preferred that the contestant’s citizenship is the same as the country they are prospectively representing, though there are exceptions.
Production will take place over the course of 6 weeks. All contestants must be fully available for entire filming duration. If you are working/studying, you must make arrangements prior to filming to take leave from work/school. Production will take place in Southeast Asia with filming commencing in late September (THIS PROJECT IS IN THE BEGINNING STAGES OF CASTING AND THE EXACT DATES AND FILMING LOCATION ARE CURRENTLY TBD). Eliminated contestants might not be needed for the remaining duration and will be released. All flights, food, and accommodation for contestants will be provided during filming duration.
Our shows have a high success rate, and participating in this series would allow for greater exposure throughout Southeast and Northern Asian regions including- Singapore, Thailand, The Philippines, Malaysia, Vietnam, Hong Kong, Taipei, Indonesia, Cambodia, and Mainland China. This reach will offer you a great opportunity to build your social media presence, as well as your general recognisability throughout these regions as the series will be airing to roughly 27 million viewers.
If you fit all the requirements, please download the Application Form below and attach the COMPLETED document in an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. “SUBJECT TITLE” should read: MODEL SUBMISSION 2019: (YOUR NAME, AGE, NATIONALITY). In the email, please include a BRIEF introductory paragraph and attach the requested media:
Short Casting Video
Portfolio Images (3 ONLY)
** Agencies are allowed to submit their “in-house” packages (snaps, video, composite) and ignore these format requirements. However, please follow the email labelling instructions and submit each proposal in a separate email for organisational purposes. The “SUBJECT TITLE” should read: MODEL SUBMISSION 2019: (AGENCY NAME, MODEL NAME, AGE, NATIONALITY).
- Photos can be taken on your phone, in a well-lit atmosphere for clarity.
- The orientation of the photos should be vertical (up and down)
- Please wear little to no makeup. Hair should be worn down, not covering the face or eyes. Please avoid wearing loose fitting clothing with busy patterns or logos.
- Your submission snap package MUST include the following photos:
– Close up photograph of face with little to no make-up
– Full body photograph wearing heels
- Please refer to example: Model Digitals
**Please note: If you move on to the next round of casting you will be asked to submit a more extensive media package with more detailed requirements)
- Casting Video:
- Record a short introduction that includes your Name, Age, Height, Country, and Agency (if applicable)
- You can film this video on your phone in a quiet, well lit atmosphere
- The orientation of the video should be horizontal (landscape, sideways) and the framing should be medium close-up (include the the top of the head, cutting off around the ribcage)
- This video can be non-formal in style, it is just a chance for us to see you on camera and get a sense of your personality, so be yourself!
- The video should less than 1-2 minute in length maximum.
- Upload your video on a file-sharing site (i.e. Google Drive, Dropbox, Wetransfer, etc.) and include the link in your submission email.
- Kindly make sure that your file is viewable by the following account: email@example.com
If we find you to be a suitable candidate, you will then move on to the next phase of casting which includes a Skype interview with a Casting Producer. Please note: This is a non-formal introductory casting and does not guarantee you a spot on the show, it is just a chance for us to get a better idea of who you are.
Please do NOT call the office number. We are receiving hundreds of submissions weekly and unfortunately, we cannot respond to all applicants. Once you have submitted your application, it will be reviewed. Applications that are submitted by bookers will be prioritised. If we feel you are a good fit, either you or your agency will be contacted by someone from our team to continue the casting process. Thank you for your cooperation and understanding.